Sunday, January 9, 2011

Benefit Powderflage

As you all now or if you didn't, I have dark circles under my eyes that don't seem to ever disappear. To avoid getting that caked on appearance from concealing my eyes in an attempt to hide those puppies, you need a light powder. I feel that facial powders can be a tad to heavy for the delicate skin under your eyes. Plus if you've got intense dark circles you need either a miracle concealer or maybe an extra layer of a good concealer.

I use the Kat Von D concealer right now in the lightest shade that they have, I really need to try using a corrective palate to cancel out the blue in my under eyes. The concealer works really well, but my under eye circles are so persistent to shine through that I need a little bit extra. That combined with a heavy powder is a awful combination!

The Powderflage by Benefit is a light weight powder designed specifically for dark circles and fine lines. It also has a light pink-ish color to it with a little shimmer that seems to just brighten up the area that you apply it too. Don't be panicked that you read there's shimmer, because once you apply it, you definatley can not tell that it's there, trust me. It's colorless once applies to the skin and you cant even see the shimmer.

It doesn't cover dark circles, if it did it would be a million doller product in my book, but it does help to brighten up the area under your eyes making it less noticeable which is very nice.

Packaging also screams at me when I'm buying products, and this is so cute!






You can also use the powder on your laugh and frown lines so you're not getting heavy facial powder into the fine lines. In the packaging it comes with instructions and detailed pictures which is nice! It also comes with a "flager" brush and while it seems rather small, it does get the job done and is just so darn cute!

The product runs for about $28 on Sephora.com. You may be thinking, who would pay that much for powder?! You get .11 oz which doesn't seem like much, but you hardley use any powder at all, plus it comes with a mini applicator brush and the set of instructions.

Go to your local Sephora and ask for a sample or test it out for yourself, you'll love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment